Mission & Vision
The Mission of the Nevada State Board of Landscape Architecture is to protect the public health, safety and welfare by:
- Ensuring that those entering the professional practice and using the title of Landscape Architecture meet standards of competency by means of education, examination and experience;
- Establishing standards of practice for those licensed to practice;
- Requiring anyone practicing or offering to practice Landscape Architecture be a holder of a Certificate of Registration and continue to maintain professional competence;
- Enforcing the laws, rules and standards governing the practice of Landscape Architecture in The State of Nevada in a fair, expeditious and consistent manner.
- Certificate of Registration holding individuals provide quality services in The State of Nevada.
- Certificate of Registration holders possess the knowledge, skills and abilities that enable them to meet the needs of their clients, the public and their communities.
- Certificate of Registration holders are competent in their respective areas of practice and adhere to standards of ethical professional conduct.
- Certificate of Registration holders have access to statutes, rules, regulations and professional standards necessary to remain current.
- The Board maintains an active interest in building relationships with all stakeholders – regulated professionals, public officials and members of the general public.
- The Board utilizes communication tools to increase overall awareness of two of its principle functions:
- Educating the Board’s stakeholders as to the critical role of licensure in protecting the public;
- Enforcing The State of Nevada’s laws governing professional licensure.
- The Board’s work protects the public health, safety, and welfare.